The Petrescu Family's - Mititei (Mitch) - Romanian Grilled Sausages
This Romanian recipe page is in progress!
In the Star
Trek sim , the USS Eagle, we play a variety of characters from different
cultures and different worlds. A sim is an online role playing game. Ours
is played in a chatroom. We type in text and play characters in a story in a setting that takes place during the Star Trek Original Series movie time frame.
Ensign Liliana Petrescu
This is a page for the Assistant Science Officer's family and culture. It is written
as if she posted it. She is full blooded Romanian and likes to cook and share the treasures of Romanian cooking with the other crew members.
If you would like information on our Star Trek RPG just email me or check out the rest of this web page with the links below.
"Feel at home no matter how many light years away from it you are!!"
Romanian Sausages - Mititei (Mitch)
from the Petrescu Family
7 Garlic cloves , peeled
0.25 cups Water
1 lb Ground beef
2/3 lb Coarsely ground pork
1 teaspoon Baking soda
0.5 teaspoon Dried thyme, whole
0.5 teaspoon Dried basil
Salt and Black pepper to taste, People often like .5 teaspoons of each
0.5 cups Beef broth
1. Make a paste of the garlic and water.
2. Mix the everything except the beef stock together in a large bowl.
3. Then add Beef Stock and mix well.
4. Oil a large flat conatiner to put the sausages in.
5. Wet hands in cold water to prevent the mixture from sticking to them.
6. Form the sausage/mititei into cylindrical sausage shapes using 1/3 cup of the mixture to make each sausage about 4 inches long.
7. Put sausages next to each other in a container and cover.
8. Refrigerate overnight. If you are in a hurry you can try refrigerate for four hours but overnight is best.
1. Oil the grill.
2. Cook on grill until done. This is usually about 25 minutes over a high heat.
1. Try it with lamb and pork instead.
2. Try it with the addition of any of the following spices and adjust the ratios according to your taste: all spice, marjoram, caraway seeds.
3. Try it with some fresh lemon juice right before grilling.
4. Try with other meats.
5. Try it with a basting of your favorite non dairy salad dressing.
6. Serve with tomato sauce or sour cream.
Please email me if you try it and let me know how it went. Multsumesc! Bon Apetito!/ Thank you! Enjoy!
Click here to see the Romanian recipe for cabbage rolls- Sarmale
Click here to visit the main page of our Star Trek sim based on the Original Series (TOS)
Please click here to contact us
Join our Star Trek RPG!
Our Star Trek Sim's Recipes:
List of Recipes
Romanian Recipes: Romanian Cabbage Rolls - Sarmale
Greek Recipes from our Star Trek Sim Captain's Family
Chinese Recipes from our Star Trek Sim CO's Family
English Recipes from our Star Trek Sim AMO's family
Russian Recipes from our Star Trek Sim CENG's Family