Nouna's Butter Cookies (Kourabiethes)
In the Star
Trek sim , the USS Eagle, we play a variety of characters from different
cultures and different worlds. A sim is an online role playing game. Ours
is played in a chatroom. We type in text and play characters in a story.
This is a page for the Captain's family and culture. It is written
as if he posted it. He is half Chinese and half Greek and enjoys cooking,
when he's not out saving the galaxy. If you would like information on our
Star Trek RPG just email me or check out the rest of this web page with the
links below. The recipe comes from his father's side of his family. For those of you don't know what a Nouna is, she is a Godmother.
Butter Cookies - Kourabiethes from
the Kematsopoulos Family Recipe Box
Makes five dozen
1.25 lbs butter
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
2 egg yolks
1 teaspoon almond extract
2 table spoons cognac
0.5 cups finely chopped blanched lightly toasted almonds
3.5 cups flour (approximately)
1.5 lbs powdered sugar
1. Clarify Butter.
2. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
1. Cream butter in large mixing bowl until light and fluffy for about 15 minutes.
2. Add sugar.
3. Beat 15 more minutes.
4. Add one egg yolk.
5. Beat well.
6. Add second egg yolk.
7. Beat well.
8. Add extract, cognac and almonds.
9. Blend well.
10. Add a little flour at a time .
11. Knead for about ten minutes.(Add more flour if dough is too stiff but be careful not to add too much.)
12. Take a teaspoon full of dough and make into an S shape.
13. Place onto ungreased baking sheet.
14. Bake at for 15 to 20 minutes at 325 degrees Fahrenheit until golden on bottom.
15. While cookies bake, sift some powerderd sugar onto large sheet of waxed paper.
16. Remove cookies when done and put on the sugar.
17. Sift additional sugar onto cookies.
18. Cool a few minutes and sift more sugar over cookies.
1. Try 2 teaspons vanilla extract instead of one teaspon of almond extract.
2. Add finely chopped nuts.
Please email me if you try it and let me know how it went. Efkhatheesto/ Thank you
Click here to visit the main page of our Star Trek sim
Please click here to contact us
Join our Star Trek RPG!
"Feel at home no matter how many light years away from it you are!!"
Our Star Trek Sim's Recipes:
Greek Recipes: Country Salad (Horiatiki)
Greek Recipes: Egg Lemon Soup (Soupa Avgolemono)
Greek Recipes: Egg Lemon Lamb Soup (Arnaki Soupa Avgolemono)
Greek Recipes: Greek Shrimp in Wine Sauce (Garithes me Saltsa)
Greek Recipes: Christmas Spice Cookies (Melomakarona)
Greek Recipes: Meringue Cookies (Bezethes)
Greek Recipes: Butter Cookies (Kourabiethes)
List of Ethnic Recipes for our Star Trek Sim / Star Trek RPG