The Captain's Chinese Dumplings
In the Star
Trek sim , the USS Eagle, we play a variety of characters from different
cultures and different worlds. A sim is an online role playing game. Ours
is played in a chatroom. We type in text and play characters in a story.
This is a page for the Captain's family and culture. It is written
as if he posted it. He is half Chinese and half Greek and enjoys cooking,
when he's not out saving the galaxy. If you would like information on our
Star Trek RPG just email me or check out the rest of this web page with the
links below. The recipe comes from his mother's side of his family.
Chinese Style Dumplings
from the Woo (Wu) Family Recipe Box
0.50 lbs ground pork *
0.75 lbs ground hamburger *(Please don't use the cheapest)
8 minced green onions
0.25 cups minced regular onion
six dashes of soy sauce (Kikkomen is the best and we use like to use too
One dash sesame oil (avoid Dynasty brand use Orchid brand if you can find
1/8 teaspoon sugar- the secret
minced fresh ginger to taste- another secret, just enough to cover your smallest
finger nail is good amount
.40 cups of minced water chestnuts
1 slightly beaten egg
Beef broth - enough to boil the dumplings
*You can pick all beef or all pork or some other ratio. Experiment and see
what you like best. I like more beef and less pork.
1. Mince the green onions, regular onion and ginger
2. Slightly beat an egg
3. Get a small bowl of water out
4. Get a small bowl of flour out
5. Begin boiling a large pot of beef broth
1. Take and mix the ingredients above except for the wonton wrappers ;o)
2. Lightly flour a good surface for working with dough.
3. Spoon out one heaping teaspoon or so amounts into wonton wrappers. Make sure that
the amount is not too much as to make it impossible to close the wontons.
4. Now the tricky part. There are several ways to close the wontons. I will
put down one way here and add others later.
a. Wet your fingers with a small amount
of water and rub them and the water along the inside of the edge of the
wrappers. This will help you make a
good seal. Be careful not to get any oil or meat on this part.
b. Fold the wontons diagonal to make
a triangle shape with the meat inside.
c. Tuck over the top with some more
d. Tuck over the sides with some water.
Be careful not to get the wonton too wet.
e. Put on a plate, wet side up until
you get enough to drop in the pot.
5. Boil in beef broth until cooked.
6. Repeat until all the ingredients are gone or some grumpy Admiral calls
and wants you at work ASAP.
7. Serve with soy sauce or a nice dipping sauce. When I figure out our secret
recipe, I will post and no doubt get into a lot of trouble.
Please email me if you try it and let me know how it went. Shee-shee.
Coming soon- Chinese dumpling pictures!
Click here to visit the main page of our Star Trek sim
Please click here to contact us
Join our Star Trek RPG!
"Feel at home no matter how many light years away from it you are!!"
Our Star Trek Sim's Recipes:
List of ethnic recipes from our Star Trek Sim/ Star Trek RPG
Other Chinese Recipes- COMING SOON!